CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

11

'Taira,

Your stupid, unpredictable, irrational, annoying, PRIDE!! Do you not realize how hard it will be for me to back out of this fight with my honor held high? If I don't fight you I refuse to justify the Magic Masters right to redeem himself, and I myself will be called an old . . . . I don't even want to say what they'd call me. I'm not afraid to fight you. Personally I think it would be quite enjoyable. But I wouldn't do it unless I dulled the blades. But then I would either have to tell everyone that I'm your sister or else lie to a whole entire camp full of warriors. OH! YA'NA! I just promised my self not to lie again unless it was absolutely necessary for protecting someones life. I fear honor is not life, neither is pride. Or at least not in my book. I will not be called a panic-stricken old witch. Or any other fouler names. What could you possibly have been thinking? Why couldn't you have just pulled Gi aside later and tell him that you would not stand for any more of pejorative comments from him. Sister . . .! What were you thinking?

Never mind I should not be cross with you. Forgive me, I have no reason to overreact. Well yes I do have a reason, but either way I should not resolve to anger. There has to be a way to solve this matter. Ya'na. I just realized why I couldn't see the future. As a person who sees the future you have to be careful not to let emotional matters get in the way, if you do you wont be able to see the future accurately because you see what you want to see. I didn't and still don't want to see myself fighting you. It all makes perfect sense now. Why did Master Sotur'i have to pick a person who would with no doubt retaliate with an act of a rematch. I could scream! You know I hate having to think about things like this!
I've got it. I'll postpone the match from a . . . sudden injury caused by . . . an over powerful spell. Being too confident in my standings I tried a spell that was over my capabilities. It isn't exactly true but all Warriors lie when it comes to matters like this. That's what I'll do. I feel much better about this. That gives me a perfect amount of time to figure out what to do. Though some will call me foolish it will be more obvious that I'm young and therefore not quite sure what's past my amplitude. Perfect! But of course the Master of Magic will suspect I'm just biding more time to practice. He'll most likely send investigators to Master Sotur'i. Not good. Hm . . . I have a better idea. My guardian will refuse to let me fight. Ha! I can't believe I just thought of that. I have to say I'm pretty proud of my self. I'll send the first message off to the Warrior Training camp.

Oh to make this work I kind of need my legal guardian refuse to give permission to let me fight. I will let you deem what you think is the best, or unless you have a better idea. I am frankly out of ideas. I'm going to go talk to Master Sotur'i about this before I send the first letter to the Training camp. I'll finish my letter later.

More Recent:

Master Sotur'i is a . . . beast to state it nicely. He said that he wouldn't dream of canceling the match and has forbidden me to send the letter. I told him I wouldn't fight. He finally gave me permission to send my message to postpone the match. It took a lot of debating. Well on his side. I simply refused to fight. He finally got me to promise to at least reconsider if he let me send the letter. I think he just wants to be famous for training the newest Mage.

That's over now and I need to think of other things. Guess what? I have come up with a name for public so that others can't trace me. Raina. Isn't it great, imaginative and totally . . . pathetic. I mean its the name I go by all the time. But I guess that it isn't that close to my real name. I've had some drastic thoughts come into my mind while trying to get around this situation. I even thought of raiding the soldiers camp up on the hill to bring the kings attention so that he would come then I could run off to the rebellion!

Oops! I wasn't supposed to tell you about those soldiers. I forgot. Oh well, its better that you know about. Almost a week ago a group of soldiers (200 or so) came through our village and camped on our hill on the far side of the farm. It's the farthest part of treeless land from the village so it doesn't concern any one (except us), and their not too far away that within a minutes notice they would be ready to fight. I know this is somewhat of a surprise, but don't worry I'll make sure every ones safe.

I haven't even told Master Sotur'i what I'm about to tell you. I put a spell on Aunt and Uncle. If anything should happen to me or you where either of us would have to flee the empire, Aunt and Uncle would be relocated into another small village. I just don't want them harmed on our account. It seems we both are starting to form a few enemies already. Gi yours and everyone in the village mine. I haven't told you about that yet have I? Well it's not that interesting really. But somehow everyone here can tell that I have changed so much so they blame the soldiers coming here on me. I can't go to the village any more for my own safety. Last time I went into the market place I was spit upon countless times and pushed into the mud piles to the sides of the street twice and a man (I don't know his name but you'd recognize him) threw a rock at me! Of course it missed, luckily. Aunt has to do the shopping now. Though she is harassed for housing me and not turning me loose. Amazing how much can happen in the space of two days. Uncle hasn't left since the soldiers have arrived. He is a lot more sober lately. Though that's not to say he's with out his bottle. Carcon remains (still), though he also treats me very rudely. If I could I would pull them a side one by one and tell them how wrong they are and convince them I'm really on their side. But that can not be.

You asked about my powers, well there's not much to say. As a Mage you need to be able to see the future and fight at the same time. It gets really hard because the pictures you see from the future will block out your normal sight unless you have enough practice to control the pictures and images. Mages also take most of their power from the earth. Its hard to explain. But you always feel this force that flows within you. Most spells that are said don't have any effect so you have to use hand motions. That is where Master Sotur'i didn't have to teach me. I'm sure you noticed when I was fighting the Magic Master how I always had a hand free from my sword. That's so I can move my hand and arm freely to put . . . embellishments on the words to modify the power within them when their said. Certain Mages know different modifiers. But the one who knows the most will always win. You said in your letter that at times I could have stricken my opponent down. That is very true. But unfortunately Magicians are so proper. It would be an embarrassment to be killed or forced to surrender because of a sword. I personally don't think it would be, but that's how magicians are.

Enough about me. I was so worried when I read that you challenged Gi to a duel. But two hours long! I can't believe you got out of that with nothing worse than a scratch on your arm. It was so exciting. I am so proud of you. I feel somewhat bad for Benk and that you'll be leaving him. But why was he so quiet?

I'm very tired so I must sleep. I'll try to send this letter off in the morning. Oh and don't forget to refuse to let me fight against you if you think that is the best way to get out of this situation.

With love,
Raina