CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

17

'Taira,

Your very funny. You are having such a hard time with Sol. I find his riddles and way of speaking very entertaining. I would love to talk to him about problems of the world. Sages are ever so good at debating. Sol must have been transformed, or something, to become so drastically different. Though when you tell the future you . . . change a little. Sometimes for the thing your seeing. But it is a very dangerous way to see the future. But I think you should really try to learn from Sol. The sooner you learn the sooner he leaves and the sooner your happier with yourself. This is obviously about the revenge thing. You need to stop thinking about revenge and think positively. Your friends are still alive I know it. Or at least I feel it. That's the frustrating thing about seeing the future. People always take you seriously.

I find Luc to be an intriguing person. Likable, engaging, yet hiding something. He lost his sister for heavens sake! He can't be all happy unless he's hiding his feelings. Which is very dangerous. When you hide your feelings for so long they might all compact leading to an out ward burst. The only reason why I know this is because Master Sotur'i spent a whole day explaining it to me. I wonder why he feels like he has to be strong? His sister is obviously in an orphanage, with Zel, or dead. I personally don't think she's dead. But that just makes things more confusing. Most Mages have no reason to lie since they don't care about anything other than themselves so Y'ata wouldn't be lying. That's what makes me an 'unstable Mage,' or at least according to Master Sotur'i. I don't think it does. Anyhow I'm still trying to figure out Luc. He could be lying. But he can't gain anything by lying, unless he is bringing you to the King. But I can't see him doing that. This is very unsettling.

I really hope you do well in fighting a Mage. I pray this reaches you before you fight because I have some helpful hints. A Mage will always say that they will win, don't believe it. Their foresight would be clogged with the wish to win therefor unable to see. Second, some Mages won't strike unless absolutely necessary, but this is a special case. Y'ata is one of the King's most trusted Magician and has been for several generations. He would be used to fighting without magic. He will probably strike whenever he can. Also if he sees he's going to lose he will most likely revert to magic. Then he'll probably use it in little insignificant ways that are unnoticeable. Such as move the ground beneath your feet to through you off balance or pull your hair. I know it sounds funny but it'll yank your hair back really hard and trust me it hurts and throws off your concentration. Be safe, and though you say you don't need it, good luck. I know the Ajatar will help a lot but always look for the expected and unexpected.

Did you know that Master Sotur'i was thinking once of sending me away to train with Y'ata? I of course told him I'd rather die. Everyone knows that who ever trains with Y'ata ends up as the Kings property. And all the things that Y'ata has done! It gives me the shivers when I think of Zel living in the Tower of Deth. You better save her. Well Benk has left H'lafa and I'm not sure where he went. It was so secretive. One day he was here trying to find out if I was an impostor and then the other he gone. But Gi has taken his spot in keeping an eye on me. Between him and Benk I hardly have time to use magic. My mind has become so clouded that my foresight has almost stopped. I've had to take a weekend trip into the woods to clear my mind. I have felt so much better. But of course right when I got back Gi was asking where I had been. Honestly I don't think the King ever gives up. I have seriously considered joining Warrior Training but I know I can't. The only reason why I fight so well right now is because of the magic I use. I would definitely be found out if I went to Warrior Training. So for now I've decided to sit still and keep doing what I'm doing.

One of my contacts has told me that the King is moving his troops towards the Tower of Deth. The Mage Y'ata apparently wants a whole contingent of soldiers. Get Zel out and get out of there your self. That's all my spying has afforded me. I have started to meld into the groups of town women. That's where the gossip is the best. I thought gossip traveled fast in a little town but small groups can make it travel twice as fast. Apparently the King has been having problems keeping prisoners from escape attempts, several of which have been somewhat successful. The word on the street is that no one has escaped yet but everyone expects to hear of a brake out soon. If your friends are anything like you, I have a feeling they would be trying to escape even if it was near impossible.

A frightening experience happened a few days ago. I knew my heart had stopped. I was shopping in the market talking to the baker about his wife who had a cold and wasn't doing so well when someone walked up behind me and whispered, "End the conversation, act calm and head to the woods. Or else I'll run you through with me blade!" And with that I felt a small blade press up against the arch of my back. I told the baker I had something I had to do and bade him farewell and started towards the woods. This is not the thing that scared me, it is the fact that I could get free from this person if I wanted to but it would blow my cover as a spy so I couldn't do anything. I walked through the town with the man in the dark cape, I pretending to talk to him like we were old friends. We ran into Gi who of course stopped us I being a very suspicious figure anyways. "Where are you going?" Gi asked. "To the edge of the road past the woods. This is a dear friend of mine from my village and he was just passing through so I thought I would walk with him as far as I could," I said. Gi looked suspicious but nodded and walked on. "Your very quick," the mans voice rasped in my ear. He now held my fore arm and had a knife at my side. I was becoming very interested in who this person was. We came to the woods and I led the way into the dark sheltered woods. As soon as we reached a clearing where we were deep enough to not be found easily. The man threw me to the ground and started to pace around the small clearing.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. "I don't think I have to answer that question until I know who you are." I said trying to sound strong. "After you tell me what your doing here." I sat in contemplation what would it hurt if I told him. "I'm here because my father is an ill retired soldier and my mother can't afford to take care of my siblings and so I left to come here and work so I could help take care of my family." "Liar." he said quietly. "I speak the truth." He laughed right out loud. And pulled back his hood. That's when my heart froze.

Master Sotur'i. I was in horror. Thoughts swirled through my head. He could turn me into the King, he could kill me. "I'll ask you one more time," Sotur'i said. "I already told you." I was hoping against hope that he didn't recognize me. "Raina, I am the one who taught you. Do you think I can't tell when your casting a spell to conceal yourself." He said. And that is what put two and two together. Master Sotur'i is a minor magician who can use his powers to seek out other magic caster. That's how he knew I was a Mage. I was kneeling down now not meeting his gaze. "Master Sotur'i," I said, "I am running from the Kings soldiers. Having refused arrest and I have fled here." I bowed my head as a sign of submission. While he thought on my words I searched through the future. I saw that he did not intend to turn me in so I relaxed. "I am very much surprised that you've been able to stay hidden for so long." Sotur'i mused out loud. "Indeed, I taught you very well." I could tell that he was thinking of what to do. "I wish to continue teaching you," he said. I couldn't believe it. He wanted to keep teaching me! After all I did. I stood up and was about to say yes when I realized something strange. Why would he teach me? He had so much power that he knew he could hand me over to any other Master. "I'll think about it," I said, then I turned and left. When I wasn't quite out of ear shot he said, "I've taught you too well. Questioning acts of kindness." I kept walking. He wanted to provoke me into saying that I except his offer. He hates waiting. But I think I will except. Of course after I make sure there couldn't be any trap in my excepting. I hope you have better luck and less suspicions than I have.

Love,

Raina.

P.S. Just for old times sake . . . Do you like Luc?