CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

15

Dear Tair,

Don't be too confident. Sometimes being too confident can make one fail. Be safe but know that I trust you and I'm sure you'll be fine. I am afraid that I can't see what happens to you clearly. That's one problem about being a Mage. Every time you look into the future your feelings will get into the way unless you don't care either way. Unfortunately, yet fortunately, I care about you so I can't really know what will happen to you. But from what I saw you are a very good fighter. I really hope you do well. I have one small qualm about you being sent to the Tower of Deth. Though I myself must admit that I don't really know much about the Tower. Why would a Sage send you there? I sense something very wrong. Any Sage who is half as good as they say would be able to brake in. This is very troubling to me. I have a feeling she's part of the rebellion. Before you leave find out for sure. And I'm not so sure that you should come here. I know that you are still being looked for. It wouldn't be extremely wise for you to come here. I heard a small group of soldiers talking about you. It was funny. They call you the Wondrous Warrior of I'ikane. You are like a goddess to their eyes. They describe you as one of beauty and grace yet you are like a devil when it comes to fighting. And unfortunately have chosen to follow the rebellion. I had to keep from laughing. If only they knew.

Sister, Benk is always around. It gets very annoying. Maybe his not quite so convinced as I thought he was. He is after all a spy. And he must be a very good one too if he works so closely with the king. I feel sort of bad finding him out. I sort of cheated. When you mentioned him in your letters I saw someone like your description spying on something or other. That's why I guessed. And I feel like I cheated him out of a great game. But I play along. He asked me to lunch and it would look strange if I said no so I had to say yes. It was of course during the two hour brake of Warrior Training, Benk is still there. So it was a little awkward. He . . . I'll just have to give you the whole conversation. "Do you know much about the Warrior Tair?" he asked. I nodded, honestly who hadn't heard of you. Benk pressed on further, "Did you know that she won a two hour sword fighting battle against the best second year trainee ever known?" "Yes," I said, "The little boys in my sword fighting class are always telling me about it. It seems to me like she was incredible. I wish I could have met her." He nodded looking a little cast down. We sat in silence for a little while before he continued, "Did you also know that there is a Mage?" I leaned in closer to him and whispered, "I thought they didn't exist?" Looking around to give the impression I was afraid a Mage would appear out of no where. Benk smiled, "I thought so too. But I was good friends with 'Tair and her sister is the Mage that everyone is talking about," he said. "Really, why would her sister tell you?" I asked," Seeing your just as loyal to the king as anyone." He looked down and asked, "Do you really like what the king is doing?" I sat quietly for a moment then said, "I'm not sure. To say that I didn't would mean that I'm against the crown and to say that I do wouldn't exactly be honest. I mean who can please everybody?" Benk looked thoughtfully then said he must be getting back to Warrior training. I bid him farewell and sat at the table by myself.
It was odd I could tell Benk was between two stand points, but why? I left for my teaching area to start the days lessons. Benk was there hiding very ingeniously. But thanks to minor magic I was able to see him. I love teaching the sweet little children. Listening to the boys talk about the latest tournament and how they were going to be the best when they reached Warrior Training. And the girls would either be talking about you and how you were the best that Warrior Training had ever seen, or about I'talia and her latest dressing styles. They're all so funny. It's so enjoyable to catch their attention when doing a complicated move. You have made your self quite a legend here. Several people say your the Mage and that's why you ran. Others say that you were payed to believe in the rebellion. All rumors are so exaggerated that it's almost impossible to see any truth in some of them. But all are sure on one point. You are the best Warrior. I have found an interesting part of news. The King has ordered his troops to head to places suspected of holding traitors (rebellionists) and having them brought to the capitol to be tried. I also have been given an offer to join the Warrior Training. I have not answered them. I don't think I will join unless you think it wise.

Sister, I worry about you and your grief. I can't believe all your friends are dead. It's impossible. I have been doing some snooping around the castle and have found a back door that may lead into the dungeons. Or at least that's where the guards change. So I am pretty sure. I think I will be able to recognize your friends. I know they aren't dead. Either the rebellion has them and covered their disappearance by "killing" them. Or the King has them and hid his acts under the same thing. But I know they aren't dead. It's just too coincidental.

Later:

I was sitting with a contact at the town local tavern when we were placed kitty corner to Benk with someone else. I pretended not to see Benk and tried to not stare too much at the man he was with. He fit your description of the King and he wore several jeweled rings, he also looked like the man who came to the farm abd said he was the king. I used my magic to enhance my hearing so I could listen to what they were saying. Here's all I heard:

"Yes," Benk was saying. "I searched out that girl as much as possible. She has nothing wrong about her. She seems completely loyal to you and loves your people." "I know that you think she is fine but think about it Benk, she did arrive the exact same day that Raina disappeared." the other man said. "But if you met her . . . your right she could be very clever at deceiving me. But if she was the Mage shouldn't I be able to tell?" Benk asked. "Benk she's probably using magic to disguise herself. She would really have to be careful, especially since she's here at the capitol," the man said. Benk took a deep breath. He opened his mouth to say something when he stopped.

I knew he'd seen me. I had been getting too into their conversation. I turned to the man across from me and struck up a conversation so fast and well that even I thought we'd been talking for a long time. But both of them stood up and walked out followed by several people. I blew it, but now I'll have to be very careful. Benks friend certainly thought I was different. Well I must excuse my self. I have to go and contemplate. I haven't had time to think very clearly so I must leave.

Love,

Raina