CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

13

Dear Tair,

As soon as I read your letter I was almost out the door. But of course I had to pack and prepare. I have been thinking on what you said about Master Sotur'i. And yes, he's for our cause but not as much as he would wish to be. When he left Warrior Training the King himself went looking for Sotur'i and forced him to sware in the deepest oaths known to man that he would serve the King. But he has kept us secret for the time being saying that he doesn't need to tell his Master one bit about us. Which is lucky for us. But I can't trust him too much. He told me himself that I can't trust him too deeply. I talked to Aunt and Uncle and told them they had to leave. And I came out with the truth about me. They were . . . to say the least shocked. They sat in shock for several minutes then Aunt got up and said, "Well we must leave then." And she took off to go pack. Uncle then stood and said, "Just like yer father ain't ya. Good man he was. Make 'em proud." He patted my shoulder and left to go help his wife. I was in a stupor. That was the first time either of them have ever said anything about our mother or father. I must go pack so I can leave soon after Aunt and Uncle. Also I have decided to be your spy. I think that it is a brilliant idea.
Long Live the Rebellion!

Writing from H'lafa

I am safe. I made it here safely a few hours ago. It took me a while to secure a place to stay but in the end I was able to. My getting away story is a little nerve racking though.

Aunt and Uncle came into my room and gave me a hug good bye, wishing me luck and all that. They left with no disconcerting things happening. The whole village assumed they came to their senses and were leaving the 'cursed child'. But unfortunately for them the were leaving me in their village. I stayed and cleaned up the house, finished packing and tried to take up time. I wanted to make sure Aunt and Uncle had plenty of time to escape. I had no idea that they were so talented in acting. They went down the lane talking to each other about how glad they were in finally leaving the 'devil child' behind and no longer having to worry about me. I almost thought they were serious but I knew they were just putting on a show.

Two hours after they left I picked up my baggage and sent it by magic to a safe place I would be able to locate in H'lafa. I made a quick run down of the house put on my cloak covering my face with its hood and headed to the door. As soon as I stepped out side I ran into somebody. I could not of planed a more perfect way to look pathetic. I ended up on the ground and I looked up into a mans face who I didn't recognize. Behind him I saw the two spy's, the ones that I have known about for a few weeks. This main man looked down at me and smirked. I thought I was going to laugh it looked so funny. He said in a strong voice, "I am Warrior Gi Medo. In his royal Highness first legion." I suppose he thought that this was impressive but I could not believe that Gi was standing in front of me. The person you had actually written about. I for some reason thought it was terribly funny and started to laugh uncontrollably. I stood up and kept laughing. Gi looked a little concerned as if I was insane. He looked back at the spy's but they just nodded. Gi continued, after I had settled down a bit. "Are you Ishraina?" he asked. I nodded, now trying to stop laughing. "I was sent by your sister I'taira to bring you to the palace."

I grew compeletely serious. I walked around Gi and inspected him making him feel uncomfortable. I stood in front of him. "I think you are very bad at lying Sir Gi. You see my sister has already sent me a letter of what has been happening. I have no reason to believe you and therefore I must leave" I said. I walked forward trying to head for our lane but his arm brought me to a stop. "You aren't going any where," he said. I could feel the heat that you talked about start to sear my skin. So I simply said a short spell that would make me cold to touch. He had pull away his hand as steam started to appear between his arm and my self. He looked at me oddly but I continued walking. He jumped in front of me telling me again I couldn't leave. "If you thought I was going to come quietly than you are gravely mistaken," I said. Gi and the two spy's pulled out their swords and Gi said, "I was hoping we wouldn't have to come to this." He nodded to his left and to his right.

How could I not have noticed? The soldiers who had been on the hill had surrounded our small house. I couldn't run. That would have been foolish even for a Mage. Gi told me to surrender but I told him he'd have to kill me first. He swung his sword which I easily side stepped. I half expected the spy's to join in but they were mostly there to make sure I didn't go any where, but Gi was in charge of getting me to 'calm down'. He kept swinging and I kept dodging my speed much increased from magic. He was growing frustrated that he couldn't even get close enough to cause damage. So he did a risky swing but my sword shot up from the ground and protected me. I have been dying to try that spell and it actually worked. Shock spread through his face. I pulled my sword out of the air and swung at him. He blocked it easily which I had expected. We started to fight and I was relishing in the moment. It felt so nice to be fighting. I of course was throwing a spell at him every other swing. I disarmed him in a few minutes, I was so grateful for my magic. As soon as I disarmed him the spy's came forward. I fought both of them at once which became tricky. But I was able to throw them back with a strong spell. Then He stepped forward.

The King. I have to admit that I felt a little too important at that moment. The King himself came to ensure that I was caught. He started to clap slowly and mockingly. I still had my hood up. I didn't want any one to know for sure what I looked like. "You have fought bravely and gallantly for one as young as I assume you are," the King said with a booming voice. "But I'm afraid, dear girl, we have you surrounded. I command you to surrender and come join my armies to further the work which I have set out to do." I smiled and lowered my weapon. "I am sorry you Highness but I have already promised my sword and resources to the rebellion. I apologize for making you come out all this way for nothing. But I do have places I need to be," I said. Gi stood up next to his Master obviously in reverence of him and in disgust of how I spoke to him. The King smiled pathetically, "I fear its you I'm sorry for. You have no way to escape. So why not save your life and join me." "Hm . . .?" I said, "Join you and save my life or refuse to join you and save several lives. I chose to refuse." "You choose death then!" the King said, anger rose in his voice. "NO!" I yelled at him. "I choose up." And with that I shot into the air. That is one of the most risky spells to do. But I was feeling a little drastic. I shot through the air I was so high that everything looked so tiny beneath me. Then I shot in the Western direction which is the direction of the rebellion. After I was out of sight of them I changed my direction to the North to H'lafa. Where I am writing my letter right now. I am safe and I just wanted to reassure you of that.

Later:

It's been a week sense I have arrived and I feared that you might start to worry. But I have been busy setting up contacts here in the capitol. I have good contacts and am well situated. My contacts I can't list just in case this letter gets intercepted. I am waring a disguise so I don't look so much like my self. I have seen Gi walking about the town with a lady by his side who I assume was I'talia, because I did see the royal guard formation. Yes I know about those. I had to read several books while training with Master Sotur'i and one was about guard formations. I saw Benk in town snooping about too.

I am already a suspect even though I've only been here a week. It was Benk himself who was doing the research on me. He "accidentally" knocked over my food basket in the market place and then he started asking questions. I told him I had moved to H'lafa from a small village fifty miles away. I was looking for a job here where I could support my family back in the village. He accepted that excuse after several more questions. I have found a job in teaching fighting lessons to little children. That was also very suspicious to Benk, but when I explained that my father had been a military man who had been wounded so he could no longer fight but had taught his children so that they could protect their country, though I think he must have passed me off as a normal citizen faithful to the King. Every time he talks to me now its a social visit. I, as of yet, have no information to pass on. I'll send this letter by magic directly to you since I don't know where you are.

With Love,

Ishraina