CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

9

My Dear Sister,

If only I could be there with you to comfort you. Although I'm sure you're fine. I just can't believe that Gi. When I read that part of your letter I swore I was going to kill him. Ha! Who does he think he is? He'll have no chance with that princess. She'll be engaged to a duke sooner or later for political reasons. Oh how awful. But I am glad that you are done with him and no longer have to worry about hurting him during practice. I hope you are able to stab him. YA'NA! Sorry that's not very nice to say. I need to be more careful with how I'm speaking now days. But I did talk to Master Sotur'i about his choice in placing you with Gi and he just smiled and said, "To overcome ones troubles you must conquer a greater challenge first." He is always speaking in riddles when he wants you to seriously ponder a concept. Well I groaned along with you when I read that part but I am glad that your doing better in swordsmanship.

Can you believe it though, HIGH RANKINGS! You did it! And don't you ever think that I would laugh at anything you failed in. I felt awful that you had tried your hardest and still failed. I almost cried. But I know you'll take first in everything next time. I know it. Or at least I think I do. I have faith that you can do it.

I felt so bad for Abe. I had this longing to go and find those spy's and make them forget what they heard so Abe could return. I certainly hadn't imagined any one of your friends being caught. I think that Master Gann should have done something. But then again the King has fear struck into every ones hearts, except those insane enough to challenge his authority. I know we shouldn't be talking about these sort of things in letters but I have officially decided to become a rebel. No one knows of course. But I have been infused with a passion I can't explain. This psychotic rule must end. I cannot stand what the King is doing and he will suffer for it! Though now is not the time to act against the King.

The life here in the village continues in the same manner. Though I was surprised when Carcon still decided to remain as a worker for Uncle. Uncle, what to say about him? He has changed a lot. He fears some thing or some one. I think he was threatened. Though by whom I know not. I have not been able to teach the children lately and I fear I may never have the chance to teach again. My heart mourns at the prospect and yet rejoices at the same time. Does that make sense? I loved teaching the children but I have found something that pushes me to be the best that I can be, and I personally enjoy that much more. The M'iller boys have again returned to their awful tricks. I have often wished to make them stop but then where would be the enjoyment of life if there wasn't any one to make it a little difficult? I am sure our troubles will be bearable. Making us a little better than we are. Well on with the village. I was actually stopped by those hooded men today. My heart had to be somewhere near my brain. What happened was that I was walking home from the market having finished my errands for Aunt when they both stepped in front of my path. Of course I tried to side step them without making eye contact, but they refused to let me pass so I looked up at them. "Is there anything I can do for you?" I said. I had to keep my mouth from dropping. I could see their faces and they looked only a few years older than you or I. (They were a little attractive also.) "Why have you stopped teaching school?" one of them asked. I stared at them trying to see through their questioning before answering. "I don't think its any of your business" I said, and before either of them could say anything I continued, "However I will tell you because it's common knowledge. I have not the time. I am striving to get accepted into a women's college and am in need of a lot of studying." I stepped to the side of them and left, neither of them daring to stop me again.

It sometimes frightens me how much I'm lying. Though I try not to. Most of it is for my safety or that of others. I truly hadn't thought my not telling Aunt and Uncle precisely everything about my life as a simple necessity for the moment, not necessarily a lie. It was an unavoidable deception. It was needed. Can you see them letting me going off and training with a man on my own? I can't. Though I did feel guilty about it at first, I am not worried now. For everything will come in time. Speaking of which, I find the time to be now to tell you. I . . . can't, I never thought telling you anything would be hard. But I have no idea how you'll react.

I'll speak on a different matter and possibly latter turn to that subject. 'Tair I noticed something in your letter that I have never noticed before. Princess I'talia. Do you not see it? I'taira, I'tone, I'ikane our land. Your name and fathers name are those of royalty. Only royals are aloud to start their names with an "I' ". I read that in a book recently. But its true. Do you know anyone who's name starts like yours besides royalty? I don't. If we are related to royalty you have no idea how much more sense that makes.

My training with Master Sotur'i continues even in higher extremities. I have tell you, I know I do, and I promised. I know you think its strange how I knew what was going to happen in that fight. And how Master Sotur'i just smiled when you asked who his apprentice was. Well I know who the apprentice is. Very well in fact . . . . YA'NA! Enough of these secrets! I am a Mage! I am the one you saw fighting. I hinted at it a little in several of my earlier letters. Forgive me for not telling you. I so wanted to. Master Sotur'i told me to wait and tell you until I was sure I wouldn't embarrass myself. Seeing you there and not being able to talk to you was a curse that should not be borne. Yet it will again be required.

The law with magical fighting is that the loser has the right to call for a rematch on their terms. I have been called to one, and I am under obligation to do accept. I think it is foolish and unwise for the Magic Master to call a rematch. But in this match he doesn't have to be the one to fight. It can be someone fighting in his name who would have a better chance of winning. But the main reason why I told you who I really am is because this fight will be non-magical. Meaning I can't hide my face even if I wish to. I didn't want you to suddenly see me and not know what I was doing there, at Warrior Training. Another thing is that I can't acknowledge you . . . except I can give you a small embrace without showing any emotion or care towards you. But I can't go through another fight without your love and support behind me. I have resolved to do that. I hope you approve. Also I will be able to nod to your friends so if they are standing near you I'll hopefully be able to know who they are. But I would ask that after I acknowledge you that you don't tell anyone who I am. I'm trying to stay somewhat in hiding. Please write soon so that I will know if you approve of my notion. But if I don't receive your letter I'll proceed with my plan. But will you please tell me what you think of the fight? I really would like to know. And another thing is I won't know whom I'm fighting at all. Even after its over. So if you would tell me who they are in a letter that would be appreciated.

I am a little worried about this fight. The rules that were set for this rematch is that neither contestant can use magic to better their chances of winning. Master Sotur'i has twisted that to the most extreme. I'll be using the magic I use every day. Such as strength, minor speed. Another thing that Master Sotur'i asked me to do is call upon the earth to protect me. It's a dangerous spell unless you are a Mage. Mage's are said to be at peace with the land therefore able to access the power within properly. So I will be protected. But unfortunately I have to perform that spell for help on the battlefield. I am a little nervous. It's a verbal spell and though the judges will see that it's of no harm it is a little nerve racking. I just wanted to tell you so that when I did the actual spell you would know what was going on. It won't be that much of a help though, just shift the ground I'm standing on thereby moving me out of harms way that's all. It is so frustrating that I can't speak with you. I am so angry. But oh well no use brooding over it. Sister I was also wondering if you would include some details of the fight that you liked, and things you think I can improve on. I of course will be leaving directly after the fight. Those are Master Sotur'i's orders.


In the above I mentioned how being royal would make so much sense. Well only royalty are Mages and very few at that. You have to be the son or daughter of a Mage or a magician to have a chance of being a Mage yourself. Most likely our father was a Mage. But also a heretic to the family thereby an outcast who fled to the rebellion. After getting married he must of instilled knowledge in us. Half the things I do as a Mage I mysteriously already know. I have a feeling that if you would be able to tap into that knowledge you would be able to fight much better already having the knowledge inside of you. I know this is probably an overwhelming letter. But I did try to hint to you a little bit in the above. I'm not quite sure how this fight will go. I haven't had time to really sit and ponder so I have no idea what this match will be like. Wish me luck.

With love,
Raina.