CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

7

Dearest I'taira,

I apologize for the long wait. I have been so busy training with Master Sotur'i. We start before the sun rises and end hours after the sun goes down. I'm only able to practice that long because it's the fall celebration. Aunt is a little worried about me. I tell her that I am sick and unable to do anything and go home and supposedly sleep all day. When really I'm practicing. Before I continue I have to tell you something that shocked and alarmed me greatly. It was the second day of my training and I was about to sneak out of the house 'to go for a walk' when Aunt stopped me. I told her I needed fresh air and had to leave right away. She held me in place and said, "Your Uncle and I have received an offer of marriage for you." I froze, "Who from?" I asked. "Now don't be so cruel hearted to not even think about this offer it may be the only one you receive." I can't tell you how much that statement hurt, but I know she's wrong so I told her to continue. "Well," she said, "it is Carcon. He may be a little plain and illiterate. But he'll offer you a good home and he'll take care of you." "I will never marry any one right now. I am too young and I refuse any offer of marriage sent to me as of right now." I turned and started to leave then I paused and said, "Don't tell him this. I'll talk to him."

So there I was having to brake this poor mans heart. I went out to the fields where he was working and said, "Carcon, there are a few things I need to talk to you about." He stopped his work and looked up at me and nodded that I should continue. "Carcon I can't help but notice that you have been paying me a particular amount of attention. Carcon if you have any inclination to seal my affections it is impossible. Please forgive me. But I feel too young and I am not at all prepared and as of this moment my guardian is away and she is the final word. Please don't sorrow for you loss. If it truly is a loss. I know that there are girls in the village who would love to be your wife. But please forgive me, I'm not able to give you the love you deserve." I said it a lot kinder than it sounds. I really tried to make it soft and easy. But as you know I was late for my training. Any ways after I was done I hesitated a moment and started to walk off."Who else is there?"he said. I paused, "What?" I asked. Cancon turned and looked at me and said, "There's someone else isn't there?" I was so surprised I didn't know what to say. There really was no one but if I said there was he might leave me alone. I just didn't know what to say so I said the truth, "There is no one. I'm sorry." I didn't want to be delayed any more so I took a step but he grabbed my arm. "Do you not see that I am the only who might ever love you?" he asked. I pulled my arm away and ran off. I took the long rout to my secret place to make sure he wouldn't follow me. It hurt what he said. But I don't believe it. He isn't the first lovesick person I have seen.

I, of course, was late and Master Sotur'i. Sotur'i was a little disappointed that I wasn't there when I said I would be. So I had to explain to him all that had happened. He had a good laugh about that. Oh and how on earth can you think I fancy him! I don't and I couldn't. He's my Master and it would be so improper. No matter what you say, you should know that I don't care for him in that way. I care for him as an apprentice for a master. And I would never be engaged to him. You are very funny.

If only the things he's teaching me were as simple as throwing a knife or shooting a bow. But you won't find out until the time presents its self. Which luckily will be very soon. I should probably tell you the reason why I have been having lessons so often and consistently. Well Master Sotur'i will be leaving soon for the capitol to test one of his other apprentices. Oh sister I would give anything to watch this match. It's between one of his magical apprentices and the magical Master there at Warrior Training, who is what Master Sotur'i says is a Mage in hiding. You must write and tell me about the battle. I wonder if this apprentice really is a mage, no one is certain. You must tell me of the fight, what you thought of the battle, and what you think of the apprentice. Also what your friends think. And I was wondering if you tell your friends a lot about me?

Well, Sister have no fear in my abilities to lift the sword. It isn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Maybe when all is revealed I'll be able to give you some pointers. Just kidding. I know that you'll always be better than me and able to help. I do always complement you in front of Master Sotur'i just as you asked. Sister I already know your in love with Gi, so don't even try to hide it. I can hear the hurt in your voice as you tell me how he scorns you. But half of what he does is inexcusable. You should somehow get on his good side. What things does he like to do? Do you have anything in common? Well I am truly sorry that your love is not turning out perfect. He must be really nice but he's trying to keep his true feelings for you hidden. Sense he hasn't been in love with anyone so heavenly before, he is trying to hide it with his contempt. He must be trying to figure out why he likes you when he shouldn't. But I believe him throwing you off balance is proving to be beneficial to your training tactics. If your foe was completely different and "throwing you off balance" you wouldn't know how to over come him. But now with Gi's help you will be able to over throw any opponent. As for every time he touches you it is a sign. A sign of magic. He is either a Sorcerer, or Magician. He must be basing his power off heat and there by warmer or hotter than any one around him. Don't worry you wont go crazy. He's obviously unsure of his feelings for you and he is trying to get back at you for making him unstable. And if he does make you crazy I would avenge you. Even if it meant my death.

I just had another "daydream". This one was an add on to the last one. It was the same battle except I got to see the ending. It was so intense I couldn't keep down my excitement even though it really wasn't happening. So There was a younger magician and an older one fighting. Don't ask how I knew this I just did. They were fighting and the younger one had fended off the older one who had to take a step back to regain control and while the old one was still gaining control the young one formed a ball of light in its left hand and swung the sword towards the older one and when it was at the proper position for a lunge the young one put its left hand onto the handle and a long shoot of blue light exploded from the tip forcing the older one to fly backwards. And that was the end. The young one bowed to its defeated opponent and walked to Master Sotur'i who was there and bowed to him and placed its self behind him. I told Master Sotur'i about this and he said that it was probably the prediction of the match between his apprentice and the Master at Warrior Training. He also said that if that is true I might have the gift of foresight which would explain a lot.

Sister before I forget let me apologize for being suspicious of Benk it was wrong of me to pass judgement on a person that I haven't met. I really am sorry. But I so knew that Kira and Terk were going to be together. I could just feel it. Well you must tell them from me that it is inadvisable to get married while in Warrior Training and is best to wait until after. But I suppose they can do what every they want. You know sister this is the first year that I haven't once participated in the fall festivals. It is somewhat strange. I see all the people my age chattering excitedly about this or that but I have no place among the gossip circles. I don't miss it at all though. I have been working so hard with Master Sotur'i that I know you wouldn't recognize me, and I myself seem to have matured so much. I no longer wish to be affiliated with the silliness of others. Imagine me saying that. I would always be in the circles to half defend others while I listen to satisfy my own yearn for gossip. But I can tell you that Aunt and Uncle worry a great deal about, me and I don't blame them, I have been quite occupied. I know that change is good but I have been making so many drastic changes that I think I'm scaring others. I like the change. But I know others do not. I have become stronger from all my hard work and I am not quite as pathetic, scared and small looking as before. The things Master Sotur'i has been teaching me has opened up a whole knew world. It is sometimes frightening and other times its reviving. I can't wait for this year of your training to be over, then maybe together we can move forward in the rebellion.

Sister I think you should know that those hooded men who came to our village are spy's for the King. I can't elaborate more than that until I can be more certain. I have been very careful around them. Every time I go into the village I have to be under the pretense of being sick to explain my long absences. And more so to fool them. Well I must be leaving. I'm going to go wish Master Sotur'i luck. Write soon about what's going on. Be brave against the fearful Gi. I know that you'll be safe and strong. And watch for spy's.

Love for always,

Raina

P.S. Are Mages really as dangerous as you make them sound? Are they really bad?