CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

32

Sister,

Why do men have to be so annoying? Ranger . . . he . . . he wont tell me anything about your friends, even though I know he knows something. He just says that it is rebellion secrets! He wont tell me anything. Don't worry we still love each other. Though this rebellion thing has been a large source of arguments. I don't mean to fight him. You know me. In the village I would scarcely raise my voice but now I fight and - YA'NA! Oh magic! When I said that I set my desk on fire. That's why I haven't said that word lately, it causes things to catch on fire. Sister every time I use my magic it comes out in big bursts. I don't know why. I have been so frustrated and angry. Why do things have to be this way?

Sorry. Let me talk about your letter for a little while. I need to calm down. So Benk and I'talia are in love. I wonder what Ranger would think of that. He always is a little worried about her for some strange reason. Gi kissed you! That is so sweet. But I wish I could be there for you. You need a good cry and I wish I could be there for you. If Luc only knew how much he is hurting you. If I ever get my hands on him I will . . . no I wouldn't be able to hurt him. He was too good of a person. No matter if he is with Y'ata, he was still a good person. Sister I'm so sorry for you. I want to give you such comfort but I seem to be at a loss of what to say. Just remember that I will always be here for you. Gi must see that you just need some time. I'm sure he'll wait for you. Gi doesn't strike me as some unintelligent person. If he really loves you then he'll be patient. I have been wondering what Sol's book is about? Sages don't read books unless they have great knowledge in them. But I may be wrong. I hope you all have protection as you continue your journey. That sword! It must be beautiful. I told you they weren't dead. The Amazing Unstoppable Five! Did you really tell your friends about that? I feel really childish for making it up. I should have been able to think of something better. But it sounds like a beautiful sword.

Did I ever tell you how I got my sword? I don't think I have. Mater Sotur'i had been teaching me with a dull sword and he decided that I needed a real sword and had one made for me. Inscribed on the blade are the words : Though Strong I be, Over Estimate Thee I Will Not. Though it's a strange saying it has reminded me time and time again not to over estimate. Did you also know that I have been taking sword fighting lessons from Giant? Ranger said that I should just do it to make it look more natural. It's so embarrassing. I have to act like I'm awful at it. It hurts my pride but I suppose that's all right. Though I have picked up some useful hints. I'm sure Giant thinks I'm an awful Mage. But oh well. He hasn't told any one so it's just him who would think I'm awful.

I have to go and visit Emlyn so I'll write to you later.

Later:

Sages! How can you stand them! Emlyn is a sage. I had no idea. She seemed to have gotten her powers when she left her aunt. Emlyn just spent a whole hour trying to convince me to join the rebellion. She never stopped her endless talking. How can you stand traveling with one? I . . . am overreacting. But it was so awful to be lectured for so long on how to do this or that. As if I can't do anything myself! Ranger came and picked me up early. (He insists on walking me everywhere.) He gave Emlyn a glare that obviously said "Your not helping." Emlyn looked some what ashamed. But I know she really had actually enjoyed it. Why do I have to be a part of the rebellion? I have to make a decision soon. But I need to make it by my self though. I thank you for your opinion and Sol's. But Sister I don't know what to do. This is so devastating! Why can't life be simple? Why are our lives so drastically difficult? We are the nieces of farmers! Why do we have so much power? I have to go on a walk. I'm driving myself crazy just thinking about this.

You will not believe what happened! I can't comprehend what just happened. So I went to go on a walk and Ranger was there and asked he if he could walk with me. I didn't really want him to but I said he could. We walked in silence through the busy streets and I found that I was grateful for his company. After a while a tall, skinny, old looking man came up to Ranger. This man was followed by a younger version of him. They were both dressed nicely and had high cheek bones and thin faces. Ranger stopped. "Duke what brings you out here?"he asked. The Duke snorted. "What do you think your doing with that garbage?"the Duke said pointing to me. "Excuse me?" Ranger asked. I couldn't believe that that man had actually called me garbage, as if I couldn't hear him! "Ranger you know as well as I do that you can do better. Why fall for such low dirt when it doesn't even have anything to it?" the Duke said with resignation. My mouth dropped this man had called me garbage, dirt and an it! I was starting to lose my temper. "Sir-,"Ranger started to say but I pushed Ranger gently aside so I was standing in front of the Duke. By now a small group of people had stopped to listen. "Sir how dare you call me such foul names!"I said trying to keep my voice calm. "I do not wish to speak to you, peasant," he said. Filling the last word with utter disgust. That was it! I grabbed his throat with my now magic enhanced arm. "You may be taller than me but you are in no situation higher than any one here!" I my self was surprised at how sharp and clam my voice sounded. "You will apologize to me immediately," I said. Guards appeared and even the boy behind the man lunged forward. But with a flick of my wrist they were thrown back. I was shocked how much power was flowing out of me. The Duke had gone red in the face, he was on his knees his hands trying to pull my fingers away from his throat. Finally after a moment of struggle the Duke gasped for breath and said, "Forgive me. I will never say such things again." I released him and he fell to the ground gasping for breath. I turned around and every one respectfully backed away from me. Ranger walked up and put an arm on my shoulder. I shook it off and ran.

Tears started to fall down my face. This is not what I had planned. I had almost hurt the Duke, very badly. He was the leader of the rebellion. I ran down an alley and leaned against the dark side of a building and cried. Ranger found me after a few minutes and stood in front of me holding my shoulders. I fell into his arms and he just held me. Then he started to chuckle. Of all things he could have done and said he started to chuckle! I looked up at him in shock. "It's about time some one put that Duke in place. I didn't want to do. I'm glad you did," Ranger said smiling down at me. I let out a small, hopeless, laugh that turned into a sob. "Raina, I would think the Duke would forgive you more willingly if you did join the rebellion," Ranger said. He held me tight. "Ranger I shouldn't have done that to him. Why didn't you stop me?" "It needed to be done,"he said. "And the timing couldn't of been more perfect." "Ranger I have never lost my temper this badly in my whole life," I said. He laughed. "Your anger was much more controlled than mine was. I was going to punch him." "How can you love me when I look like this, and act like a Mage out of control?"I asked. He lifted my head so that we were looking into each others eyes. "Raina, I never was in love with what you looked like. But who you are. You only lost control because your powers have been suppressed for so long," he said. I looked up at him with tear filled eyes. "I love you," he said. I put my arms around his neck and just held onto him. He slid his hand's around my waste. I pulled back a little and he kissed me. It was our third kiss. Sister it's so funny how we've kissed in a alley way twice. He pulled back. "I think it's time you decide who's side your on," he said. "I'm on what ever side your on," I said. "I will join the rebellion." "Let's go tell the Duke that Raina, the Mage, has finally arrived."

Our meeting with the Duke wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But he wouldn't stop apologizing. I told him it was fine and that I hoped he had learned his lesson, and that I was sorry. He would then tell me that he had learned his lesson and then apologize again. When we left I had been given the assignment of teaching other magic users new spells. I still had my magic mask on and when I suggested I take it off Ranger said I should wait a little bit longer. Ranger lead me to the training center. When we got there the laundry lady was talking with her husband (Gorilla), and Giant. They stopped when they saw Ranger and waved him over. We both walked over to them. "Friends," Ranger said, "I want you to meet Raina the Mage." I thought Ranger had lost his mind. I didn't really want to go around telling every one that I was a Mage. But they just laughed. "Raina the Mage is supposed to be good at sword fighting,"the laundry lady said. "Giant says that she's awful." She pointed to me. Ranger nodded at me. "Let's see then," I said. The Giant looked confused but he pulled up his sword and stepped away from the others. He stood waiting, expecting me to go grab a sword. But I stood still then in a flash of movement I called my sword out of the ground and disarmed Giant with my sword at his neck in a few brief moments. I was sure that I only was able to do that because he was so shocked. The other two looked at me and Giant in unbelief. I stepped back and gave a slight bow. Then I pulled off my magical mask and vanished it. All three of them just looked at me in surprise. Ranger stepped over to me and put his arm around me. "This is I'taira's younger sister," Ranger said stepping back from me. "Raina the woman you know as the laundry lady is Kira, her husband Terk, and the Giant is Abe." Now all of us just stared and looked at each other. Kira stepped forward and gave me a hug. "You do look like your sister," she said softly. "How is your sister?"Terk asked stepping forward. "She's fine," I said after Kira let go of me. "Though she misses you all so much. Did you know that your disappearance got her into a lot of trouble." "She doesn't need our help to do that," Abe said. "She just now found the sword you left her," I said. Kira had a few silent tears but she smiled. "You have to tell us all you know," Terk said. Ranger and I then spent a good hour or two telling your friends about you. They wanted me to tell you that they are very impressed with how you escaped and can't wait to see you again.

After meeting them nothing else has really happened. Except I moved in with Emlyn sense she was the only person who wasn't afraid of me besides Ranger and your friends. I now spend most of every day training other magicians. Though it is getting frustrating. I know so little. If I have to fight Y'ata in a magic battle I don't know what will happen. Ranger has been working a lot with the people and the Duke so he and I haven't seen each other that much. But Abe and I are becoming good friends because we teach at the same time. It's becoming a lot of fun. I am glad I joined the rebellion. All your friends wish you love and long to see you.

With love,

Raina