CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

28

Dearest Sister,

I hope all is well. When I read about Sol being quiet I couldn't believe it. I mean Mage's and Sage's are well known for their inability to stay quiet. I find it very difficult to see Sol so solemn. He must have seen something. I wonder what? My foresight has all been confusing. I have been so useless with it. I see faces of strangers doing simple things. But every one who could effect the future I feel something for. The only use my foresight is providing small hints in battle to warn me of what next blow my attacker will throw at me. The way of seeing things in the future still confuse me when I try to think too hard about it .

Sister I wonder if Gi is right? Could Zel and her mother be in leagues with Y'ata? If so then our trust has been very deeply betrayed. I hope sincerely that Luc isn't part of any of this. I can't see how he could. He's too good. I have met Luc personally and I still trust him. If he dares to betray us he shall deal with the wrath of a Mage.

You are probably wondering what's going on with Ranger and how we both are. When I last wrote to you I had followed the rebellion scouts all the way to the safe haven of the rebels. Sister so much has happened since then, yet so little. Once I knew where the location of the rebels was I had to decide how I to penetrate it. The rebels are located in a large valley. The only entrance is between two cliffs, smooth as glass, and so tall that the mountains in our home land are a little pathetic. The opening between the two cliffs is about thirty feet wide. It's closed off by a large gate. Off to the left of it there is a small pond.


I decided to walk back to the nearest village. There I traded some small trinkets that I had for a ragged dress, and shoes to match. I then put on a magical mask that would disguise my face and not let any magic waif off (so no one would know I could use magic). I waited until mid morning the next day and struggled out of the woods to the pond where I dropped to my knees and started crying. I cried for a while. But soon a man, a guard I think, walked up to me and asked me what was the matter. I told him this whole fabricated story that my parents had been killed by the king and that I was running from soldiers. The man told me I had reached the rebellion and that he could probably get me a job as a laundress. They had been needing some more help and I would be perfect. I agreed. I was in. It was easier than I thought it would be but what can you expect from a rebellion that is in need of more people. I was shocked on how nice the inside was. It was just like a small village, but no policemen, no taverns, and almost no stir of people. The guard who found me walked me clear across the whole town to a semi-large pond in the back that butted up to the mountain. By the pond stood a not very tall woman. She had a warrior build and she was very confident looking. The man walked over to her and explained the situation to her. She looked at me and smiled. She walked me inside a little house just off the pond and said that I looked awful and needed a change of cloths immediately. She's very blunt. Apparently she lives in that small house with her husband. They were married only a few weeks when they fled to the rebellion. She's very nice. She and I are about the same height but my frail frame looked rather funny in her clothing. She helped me adjust it and I did look a lot better. I can't tell you how strange it is to look in a mirror and see a face that isn't your own, though it should be. This is the second time I have worn a magical mask and you would think that I would have gotten used to it, but I haven't. All in all I got along very well with the laundry lady. Funny that I don't know her name yet and I've been working with her for the past few weeks. Well any ways we did laundry together and I slept in an Inn like place in the village. I searched for Ranger every where but I couldn't find him. Then I found out that the village was only a small portion of the rebellion. It contained the scouts and people who wouldn't live in caves, for that is where the rest of the rebellion was, in caves. These caves are bigger than any I've seen, or could possibly imagine. It took me a long time to be trusted enough to learn of these cave's. When I finally was aloud to visit it I couldn't believe my eyes.

The streets crowded with people shopping, and selling. People running every where. I walked along with the laundry lady as she showed me around. Then we stopped on a corner where several women were. The laundry lady explained to me that this was the best place to get information. The gossip women. We listened for a good hour before Rangers name was mentioned. Some women expressed how surprised they were that he wasn't in a prison cell in one of the lower levels. Others said that he was going to take over the rebellion and lead them to victory. But every one agreed on the fact that he was in cave with the more influential people in the rebellion. I was relived beyond measure. He was safe. But how strange it was that he was so . . . high up. I mean I thought he was their enemy. Well the laundry lady got me a job helping in a bread shop. I was glad for the new experience. And being able to stay in the cave, it would give me more of an opportunity to find Ranger.

A few days past with no sign of Ranger. I can't tell you how it drove me crazy. I don't know why though? I knew he was safe but I guess I wanted to be sure that he was. The laundry lady came by and offered to take me to the training camp. I wondered what that was like so I went with her. They are training their own army here. As I entered the training area I could tell that a group of men watching the trainees were all magic users. Their magic was flowing so freely that I almost gaged. It's so weird how before I wouldn't have noticed but now I can tell almost instantly if someone can use magic. I met the laundry lady's husband and if I didn't know any better I would say he looks just like Terk. But it couldn't be, could it? Well he was huge and looked very strong. Again no name. Name's are very classified information for everyone. I go by L'ana here. But I hate that name. It's so ugly, at least on me. I don't fit it at all. So any how I shook hands with the man who looked like Terk. Every one calls him Gorilla, so I do too. After I met him he named some of the warriors who were training, then introduced me to the swordsmanship master. He was so tall! I couldn't believe it. He's known as the Giant. They were all very nice to me but it made me long to hold my sword and fight again. Then came the big question. Did I know how to fight? I told them that the only thing I was good at was retreating. They all laughed at that. But I have to say it hurt my pride a little not being able to tell them that I actually was very good at fighting.

So after that day nothing more interesting happened for another couple of days. I had decided to take a walk out on the busy streets. As I was getting jostled from one side to another I bumped into a man. I looked up to apologize and you wont believe who it was. Ranger! I grabbed his arm and told him that I needed to talk to him. He gave me a questioning look. He couldn't recognize me! I pulled him into a side alley and he calmly asked how he could help me. I pulled off my magical mask and went into a complete melt down. I said, "How can you do this to me? I . . . didn't you know? I followed you! You . . . just . . . disappeared . . . then came back . . . and YOU didn't even come looking for me! You . . . you . . .!" During all my ramblings Ranger had moved closer to me and he put his hand under my chin then gently kissed me, stopping my flow of words. I couldn't believe it. We kissed for only a second and I'm sure it was just him expressing that he missed me but still I couldn't believe it. "I knew you would find me. So there was no need for me to find you. But I am so glad to see you again," he said. Then he gave me a hug. I was breathless and completely out of words. He took a step back holding my shoulders. "Are you alright?" he asked me. I nodded and he smiled. "Why don't you get your maids face back on and show me where your living. Then tomorrow, when you've recovered, I'll come and give you a tour of this town." I nodded and put my magic made face back on. I led the way to the bakery and walked inside. I waved him a small good bye and went up to my room. That's when I saw your letter on the desk, and started writing back to you. I still don't understand what's going on. My stomachs fluttering so much. This is so annoying. What do you think Ranger means by-- kissing me? It's probably just a sign of friendship, right? I mean were only friends. We just protect each other. Now I'm rambling on again. So I'll stop writing for now.

Raina

P.S. I've decided to send the letter now. I know I'll forget if I don't. Good luck. I hope you find I'talia. And be aware, cautious, and careful. Love you lots.

Ishraina