CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

3

I'taira,

What am I ever going to do with you? You naughty little girl. I can't believe you lied. I would give you an awful scolding if you were here, and teach you better. I laughed right out loud when I read about Warrior Master Sotur'i. Aunt was in the kitchen at that time and looked at me like I was a raving lunatic. So I left the house to finish your letter in peace. Oh how much I miss you. I'm glad however that your punishment wasn't too harsh. I . . .

I hate those M'iller boys! They never give up do they. Ever since you left they follow me every where chanting a silly chant:

Raina's all alone

Raina has a slow tone

If you're not cautious

Raina will make you nauseous

They wouldn't stop singing it all the way from town to our house on W'ednesday. But don't be too mad, yet. As soon as I got past the gate I turned around and I cursed them. You know I never curse anyone but this was too much. I cursed them that their crops would fail,and that they would stink so much that others would puke at being near them. Well they laughed, and I suppose it would look funny. Me a small person telling these two, big, young men that they were cursed. But two days latter I heard that their crops had been destroyed by a small storm, and that they had caught a sickness that made them smell awful . The Medicine man had to plug his nose to even go near them. I laughed when I found out of course. I mean wouldn't you? Though I felt very badly because what if it was my fault? But how could it be though? I'm no magician, I can't see the future and predict what's going to happen. Although I have resolved not to curse someone again, for a long time. Anyways, the reason why I stopped talking was because they're better now and they were just harassing me again and singing their little song. They left a little while ago and I am now writing in my secret place.

I was so happy to hear about your friends. They sound so . . . intriguing. I can't think of a better word. Are any of you male friends good looking? (I was just wondering.) Oh and do you like any of them? I was surprised at how each of your friends is good at something different. But I was wondering about Benk. Why wasn't he there when you went to breakfast, the one morning Master Sotur'i showed up? He seems like a very suspicious person. No one can be that un-unique and not be hiding something. I wonder what he's hiding? Sorry there I go again, but I was just thinking that he could be an actual spy for the King. And he carries information about which Warriors the King would want to enlist. I should probably stop right?

Well the men in black capes are still here. They haunt the village. No one goes near them and I don't think I imagine that they look at me every time I pass, it's like I'm an outlaw or something. And I still don't like the help uncle hired, and it's not just because he's discrepant. He's become quite annoying. He's always talking to me though I refuse to talk back. You may think this heartless but I feel like I have perfect right to treat him however he seems to deserve.

That does sound mean doesn't it. I guess I should be nice to him even though it pains me greatly. But oh well. I have actually started doing my chores to the letter so I can go to town and, you won't believe this, teach! I was able to convince Aunt to let me visit the village for two hours a day to socialize. But instead of socilizing I use that time to teach those dear, sweet, children. I care for them so much even though I know so little about them. I am a little disappointed that we aren't able to have a longer S'chool day. But I suppose its better this way, so that more children can come and still do the necessary things to keep their families functional. This little child named C'esa, the daughter of C'toe and M'ira, is so thoughtful. The other day she came in and gave me a handful of white daisies telling me that I am so beautiful, and that she wished she could be as pretty as me. So she brought me flowers so I could 'bestow' upon her the beauty of the flowers. She was so serious I could not turn her away. I told her that she would always be pretty to me and her parents and that's all that mattered. Her face got bright red and she said, "I knew you'd know how to make me pretty." She then sat on her little bench trying to be as lady like as possible. I just wish she understood that I didn't exactly 'make' her pretty.

So I am very glad to hear you are working hard and are going to strive harder. I was just thinking that maybe you should have your friends help you catch up from missing M'onday lessons. I'm sure that Sotur'i is just going to test you to see if you can wiggle around his agile trap. I believe in you, and know that once you put your mind to something, there is no stopping you. I can't believe you actually asked Master Sotur'i how he was going to punish you. YA'NA! You should have just admitted you were in the wrong and not ask for a punishment. Alas, you must be a better person than I, and able to take the depth of responsibility. Me, I would have tried to find a clever way out. I didn't realize it was so late. I have more to tell you so I'll write tomorrow.

Tomorrow,

You will not believe what happened today, I can scarcely believe it myself. It was so out of the ordinary that it shouldn't have taken place at all. I was sitting in my secret place by the small stream, where we used to go all the time together. I was thinking how it must be for you and imagining your fist fights, when a twig snapped behind me. I flinched and turned around quickly. I saw a man dressed in plain traveling cloths. He looked at me and said, "I beg your pardon if I frightened you. I was just traveling by and wished to visit this old stream. I used to sit and think here all the time. Sorry to disturb you." He turned to leave, but that's just not right to come to a spot you cared for, look at it once and have to leave so I said, "Wait, Sir. You don't have to leave. You may sit on that rock there and I'll stay next to my tree and we can talk if you wish. You must be tired from your long journey." He thought about it for a while then went and sat down. He looked like he could be in his mid-twenties, he wasn't very large in stature, but he had a very pleasant face.

"Where have you journeyed from?" I asked. He answered that he had just been traveling from village to village on his way back from the capitol. "Is it nice in the capitol?" I asked. He said, "Yes, It's very pleasant. Though I have been wondering who you are, I have traveled through this village several times and I don't recognize you. What's your name?" I looked at him trying to decide if he deserved to know my name, I couldn't find anything wrong with him so I said, "My name is Ishraina. But everyone calls me Raina." "Nice to meet you Raina. Do you have any family here?" "Yes, my Aunt and uncle live in Tayna, but my older sister is in Warrior training."

"Really?" He said, "What's her name? I have met several apprentices." "Her name is I'taira. I wish she didn't leave, in truth I envy her. She's so beautiful and brave, and good at everything. She deserves to be there. Me, I spend too much of my time reading and thinking. She's going to be the best Warrior in Warrior training." "Really? How do you know that?" He asked. "Because she won't stop till she is the best. And once she graduates top of her class she will come back here and together we'll move away, into the country side perhaps." I said. He sat there watching me as I went through my narrative and I explained more of what our childhood was like, only because of his insistence of course. After I was done he looked at me thoughtfully and asked if he could meet me here in three days so that we could talk a little bit more. I of course looked at him skeptically and said, "Why should I?" He said he'd like to teach me a few things. "Is that so?" He nodded and stood up and said, "I have dallied quite a bit, but I must say it was enjoyable talking to a normal person." He bowed and started to head out. That was when I realized that I didn't even know his name. "What's you name Sir?" I asked. He turned to look at me and said, "Sotur'i, Master Sotur'i." He then turned and walked away with a wide smile on his face. I'm sure it was from the face I was making. My mouth was wide open and I am sure I stopped breathing, I mean I was actually talking with a Warrior Master just like he was a normal person. Oh YA'NA.
So that was so shocking. Now on with the rest of my letter. I don't have much time to write so I'll be brief. I do not love the king. I am only trying to understand his thinking so that when you make your move we'll be able to know how he'll react, that way parry the attack. And for your own information I'm doing fine. No one is bothering me besides Aunt and Uncle and the M'iller boys. And I think I can deal with them.

Love forever,

Raina.


P.S. Did you know it's supposed to be bad luck to not to end your letter with the 'kings grace, and heaven protect you'. But in so many letters I've read from others they leave out that part and are fine. So I guess I should start leaving it out too, right? Oh and I told Uncle and Aunt your threat and they were so terrified I thought they would die.Well Good luck.