CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1

Dearest sister I'taira,

How is life in warrior training? I have not as yet obtained very much information about it from the village story teller. When I asked Kaun about them his eyes went big and faded, even misted as if in a trance, then he bustled me away. How would you react if you were treated like scum? Wait I already know that answer, you would fight them. You've always been special. Have you learned how to fight with a sword, or perhaps a bow? I am dying to talk to you. I wish you had been able to write to me, but I do not see how you could have.

I don't know exactly what to tell you . . . hm. I haven't ever been a person of many words, except for when I'm fighting or debating with you. I miss you so very much. I still wish you could have taken me with you, instead of leaving me here with Uncle Derken and Aunt Kalesa. They leave me alone most of the time. They're afraid of you I think. Though the other night Uncle showed up at two o'clock in the morning drunk more than I've ever seen a man. He was swaying as if he was on a ship caught in a storm, he kept mumbling and cursing. Aunt told me to help him inside. She then went to bed herself. I was so mad. I know she did it on purpose. I've never been able to handle Uncle like you. You have no idea how much I wished you were there. But I came out of it better than usual. I only had a bruised shoulder and a ringing ear drum. Nonetheless all turned out fine in the end. How were you able to handle them?

Farm work is just about the same for me. Uncle hired a new farm hand. He just moved into town a few weeks after you left. He's . . . discrepant. I don't like him much, but I suppose if he's not causing any damage, it will be alright for him to stay. His name is Carcon. Oh I just remembered another really strange thing that happened. The day Carcon showed up in town these two men in dark capes, who constantly wear hood's, as if hiding themselves from all the world, arrived. No one can say where they came from or what their purpose is. I always feel as if they're staring at me every time I go into town. Chills always are running up and down my back. I just ignore it, every one knows that I have a idiosyncratic imagination. You know, I have often wondered why we were so different, even before you changed when you were seven. But I can't help but wondering what our parents are like. Don't you think its strange that Aunt and Uncle's memories seem to have vanished concerning our parents? Who knows, maybe they were fighting against the king when . . . there I go again, sorry.

So here I sit writing to you while Aunt and Uncle carry on a pointless argument. I hate that. But odd things have been happening here at home in Tayna. Uncle's come home drunk a lot more often and Aunt is always jumpy. She isn't quite as prim as she used to be, if anything described her it would be weathered. All the villagers are indoors before the sun sets, it's as if we all sense something. Arrh. I wish my imagination would just give it a rest. I mean I'm sure there is nothing behind this. Though things have been happening all across the land. Have you heard about them? The shadows which some say are magicians, sages, and beasts more wild than any one in our generation has seen before. I wonder how the king is dealing with these events. Do you think that maybe by chance, never mind, but still, maybe we'll have another revolution upon our vast sovereignty. Just like one-hundred years ago. I wonder if that's why the Sage came to you to prepare you. Perhaps to lead a great rebellion.

Oh the heavens of Tryk. I have written for much longer than I had planned. I keep losing focus and drifting off. I hope all is well with you. When do you think you'll be able to visit? Probably not for a while. After all, you just got there a few months ago. I need to tell you of one more thing before I start my chores. I find my self daydreaming more than usual lately. They are getting more queer. Where before they seemed like dreams I controlled, I feel like they are actually happening. Their so frightening. Yet every time I shake my self, trying to get rid of the image, it disappears. I can never remember what it was. I must leave, may the kings grace protect you and the powers of heaven guide you.

Love,
Ishraina, I mean Raina
Daughter to the late Sir I'tone and Lady Ishona,

In the year of his humble Highness everlasting King,
King Gioto the magnificent ruler of I'ikane the vast
Empire to whom Gioto has all rights given him,
In the year one-hundred-fifty of his families reign.