CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

5

Dear I'taira,

Nice to hear that things are going so well for you. Don't be too hard on the M'iller boys. I'm sure they'll grow out of it one of these days. I will try hard not to curse anyone. It isn't right, and everyone will start saying I'm a witch or something. I don't want to be banished from our village. I would have no where to go.

No matter what you say about Benk I still believe he could be a spy. I'm sure the king has a few spy's interspersed through his Warrior Training school. He would be a simpleton if he didn't. But I am glad you have been able to further the work. That is very good that you have the support of your friends. I can just see it now, "The Amazing Unstoppable Five. The king fears their power and fights against them in fear." Strange to think that you could cause this whole entire land such unrest.

I have to tell you about this one daydream I had. I really wanted to remember it and strangely enough, I did. It started on this field that was surrounded by tall trees, whose leaves had changed the seasonal orange yellow. There was two fighters fighting. Both in long black capes. Their hoods up, neither of them falling down, though the wearers were moving so quickly that they should have. They were moving their arms and hands in complex motions. Balls of colored light flew from their finger tips towards their opponent. Then they both pulled swords out and continued the fight. Crowds appeared, or maybe they were there the whole time. I think you were there in the crowd. Though I'm not sure, it was getting fuzzy. And that's when it ended. I have thought long and hard about this. But to no avail. I can't possibly think of what it might mean. Perhaps it's a parable? Or maybe a key to opining a cavern full of the treasure of knowledge? Most likely it was just a day dream.

Forget about it. I was wrong to mention it. I find it very funny that your male friends have caused such a stir among the ladies in the capitol. I hope you are able to keep them under control. I also hope that Kira is right in her choice not to like Terk. I believe that every girl should love, even if it isn't convenient. Maybe I'm a simpleton, and have no idea what the real world is like. I hope I'm not that blind though.

I've been thinking a great deal on what you said about Carcon. I have come to the conclusion to treat him better. I've talked to him a few times. He isn't that interesting. Every time I talk to him he gets this dazed look. It has become very annoying. I have also been thinking about the fact that you are so beautiful and charming in person that it would be impossible for no one to simply not be attracted to you. So in all honesty tell me who it is so that I may know. And I'm sure there's some one who is the apple of your eyes. What is he like? Describe him to me so that I can try to decipher his character in my spare time. Which is more like all the time.

Teaching is still a joy. I love those children dearly. Oh I have to tell you one story. I hope it makes you laugh. This little boy from the Elatale family came up to me and said, "My older brother says that you and your sister are the prettiest girls for miles. And that when your sister returns my brother says she'll make a proper wife for him. So maybe he'll be your sisters sweetheart and I can be yours." I laughed and told him that that was very sweet of him to want to be my sweetheart, but that he should wait a few more years before he tried to court me. He nodded thoughtfully and went back to his seat. It was so sweet. But can you imagine yourself the wife to G'hast Elatale? I can not. He is determined to have that tavern of his built by this winter. You the wife to a tavern owner is too unbelievable. But G'hast also has a few other girls in mind. I heard that he was courting Jina. I hope they marry each other. That would be a proper match.

I just had a brilliant idea. Why don't you have one of the older trainees to train you in Cavalry. I'm sure that any one of the older men would be happy for the opportunity to train such a lovely lady as yourself. That way you could help him get more practice, while at the same time you would be able to learn. What do you think?

Now the time you have been waiting for. I did go training with Master Sotur'i. It was alright.

So when I went into town I saw . . . just kidding. I'll elaborate on the training. I know you'll want to know about it. So where to begin. Hmmm. Well I wasn't sure I was going to go. I wanted to be sure that he was a good man so I asked Kaun. He said that of all the Warriors Sotur'i had to be the best with everything, and the only one with a good character. That settled my fears. I went. I was shaking so badly I thought I was going to pass out with the fear. The very idea of fighting shaking me to the core. When I reached the stream Master Sotur'i was already there. He stood up as I entered the glade and told me to take a seat. I nodded and sat, my voice too shaky to say anything. He eyed me critically for a moment, "I have seen some interesting things from you and from your sister," he said. "I'taira seems like one to cause some trouble. I have therefore decided to teach you how to defend yourself with a sword." I felt like my eyes would pop out of their sockets. Me. Learn how to fight with a sword. When I finally could talk I asked, "Are you sure?" He laughed, I've never heard anyone laugh like that before it was true and rich. "Of course I'm sure," he said, "I know your sister wouldn't want you to walk around undefended all the time as you do now." I nodded. There was some sense to that. So he started the first lesson on how to properly use a sword. Holding it, feet distance apart, cleaning, and a few stances. He started to teach me another subject but asked that I wait until later to tell you. I agreed. I'm sorry. I wish to tell you so much, but it will come in time. I've met him twice now and after I finish this letter I will go again to learn more. He insisted on teaching me this often saying that it would teach me in twice the time that it usually should. He said that he would not be able to train me for very long, but assured me that he would do all in his power to teach me as much as possible. And considering the two things he's teaching me I would be shocked if I learned much at all. I think I might now know the interpretation of my day dream. I will hopefully be able to tell you about it in a few weeks. So be patient please.

I'm glad your progressing so rapidly. It's amazing that you are able to do all the stuff you do. I sort of envy you. But that is somewhat distressing to think on so I don't reflect on it much. I wish Aunt and Uncle would stop being so strange. Well good luck. I hope that you will be able to progress through hard things.
Love,
Raina